Need help? Find out who to contact for what
Announcements for Students
- (6/27/16) June 2016 session starts today.
- (6/23/16) Effective 6/16/16, Higher One Inc. was acquired by Customers Bank. As part of this acquisition, Higher One’s disbursement functions will now take place under BankMobile Disbursements, a division of Customers Bank. Higher One communicated this change to students on their web site. Additional information can be found at Student Accounts' "Financial Aid Refunds" page.
- (6/23/16) All June 2016 session registrations that are not paid for will be cancelled on Thurs. June 23, at 8 a.m. EST. Please review your student account statement now and make sure that you do not have an outstanding balance. Acceptable payment arrangements is approved financial aid (as shown on your student account statement.
- (6/23/16) Students who wish to withdraw from their enrollment for the June 2016 8-week online session: After 5 p.m. ET on 6/22/16, you must submit a withdrawal form to the Office of the Registrar.
- (6/22/16) Payment for the June 2016 session is due by 5 p.m. EST today. You must have payment or payment arrangements in full in place (as shown on your student account statement ) to avoid cancellation of your enrollment. Please review your student account statement now and make sure that you do not have an outstanding balance.
- (6/20/16) Students who wish to withdraw from their enrollment for the June 2016 8-week online session:
- (6/15/16) The payment due date for the June 2016 session is June 22, 2016. You may view your student account statement online. Enrollments not paid in full, or through approved financial aid will be cancelled after the payment due date.
- (6/8/16) The payment due date for the June 2016 session is June 22. Registrations not paid for by this date will be cancelled.
- (6/6/16) Check out the latest issue of SUNY Empire State College's student-run newsletter, The Student Connection. We're seeking creative submissions, so dust off those short stories, poems, photographs or sculptures, and submit them today!
- (6/6/16) Conquer your stress, manage your time, organize your job search and more! Check out the June issue of Empire State College's Student Health 101 (mobile-friendly version)
- (5/31/16) Registration for the Fall 1 2016 term opens Tuesday, May 31 at 9 a.m. and closes Friday, Sept. 2 at 5 p.m.
- (5/20/16) Academic support workshops are offered both online and onsite throughout the state of New York. You can view the workshops schedule for May - July online. Please follow the directions on each tab on the page to find out how to attend the workshop(s) in which you are interested.
- (5/12/16) Did you know first, second and third place winners receive a monetary award for the Student Art Competition? In addition, the piece selected for the poster will receive an additional award. Submit your art work http://bit.ly/1Pv9z2I today!
- (4/29/16) The payment due date for the Summer 2016 term is May 6, 2016. You may view your student account statement online. Enrollments not paid in full, or through approved financial aid, sponsorship or enrollment in the time payment plan will be cancelled after the payment due date.
- (4/28/16) Empire State College has signed an agreement with Lynda.com to provide on-demand learning and training to all faculty, staff and students. See the ITS news article for more about Lynda.com and how to use it.
- (4/6/16) Registration for the June 2016 online 8 week session opens today and closes on Wed. June 22 at 5 p.m.
- (3/25/16) Take advantage of special pricing on personal computers and electronics through Empire State College's member purchase program from Dell. See the March 2016 flyer for details.
- (1/28/16) Students planning to attend May 16, 2016 and after should complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov listing school code 010286 in order for federal aid eligibility to be determined. Federal financial aid for the Summer 2016, Fall 2016, and Spring 2017 terms will begin to be processed by the Financial Aid office beginning February 22, 2016.
- (10/29/15) Beginning Fall 1 2015 term, grading and evaluation policies for Undergraduate and Graduate Programs have been adopted. The F grade has a quality point of 0.00 and is included in the grade point average (GPA) calculation. Two online tools are now available to help you predict your current and future grade point average (GPA).
- (10/9/15) The college's Annual Safety and Security Report and Procedures is available on the Safety and Security web site (http://www.esc.edu/safetyandsecurity).
- (6/18/15) Starting July 9, 2015, students pursuing iPLA will be required to initiate the request in PLA Planner. Mentors can no longer create requests on behalf of their students. However, mentors and students will work together to develop each iPLA request. Students will submit the request to their mentor, who will review the request and submit it to the Center Office of Academic Review (COAR). See the full announcement about PLA for details.
- (6/16/15) Are you a writer, essayist, journalist, poet, lyricist, stand-up comedian, biographer, novelist or just fascinated by the power of the word? The newly relaunched Writers and Speakers Club is for you.
- (6/1/15) In accordance with the SUNY five year rational tuition plan and the college's multi-year technology fee plan, tuition and the technology fee will increase effective with the Fall 1 2015 term (pending administrative action to finalize). Visit www.esc.edu/tuition for a complete break down of tuition and fees. This is the fifth and final year of the current SUNY five year rational tuition plan.
- (6/1/15) Effective with the Fall 1 term, which starts Sept. 14, Empire State College will award a $20 per credit grant to all active-duty military, guard, reservists and veterans up to a maximum of 12 credits per term for undergraduate study. See the full announcement for details.
- (4/6/15) All LGBTQA students, alumni and supporters who are interested in being an active part in a new club at Empire State College are encouraged to contact Nicholas Coppola at email@example.com.
- (8/1/14) A Higher One ATM is now available in the first floor lobby at the Center for Distance Learning at 113 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY. This building is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. To find a Higher One ATM in your area, search in the EasyHelp function at the www.ESCChoicecard.com web site.
- (7/15/14) As part of the Health and Wellness Initiaitve, Empire State College now offers students up to three face to face counseling sessions at no charge. Simply call 800-756-3124 to speak to a certified counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and if you need to speak to someone in person you will be placed with a counselor near you. No problem is too big or too small. This free service for students is funded by your Student Health Fee and you can find more details on our Collegewide Student Services website.
- (3/17/11) Important notice about the Smarthinking online tutoring service:
Empire State College has a contract for tutoring services through Smarthinking.com. Note that this is Smarthinking with only one "T". An unofficial site has been launched (www.smartthinking.com -- notice the two "T"'s) which prompts individuals to enter their credit card information. Students should ONLY utilize the Smarthinking.com site, or go through the college's Smarthinking portal at www.esc.edu/smarthinking. See the full announcement for details.
- (3/31/09) Beware of Financial Aid Scams:
This is a reminder that if you receive correspondence from an outside agency asking for significant personal information and a processing fee for financial aid it is most likely a scam. We highly encourage you to NOT respond to this type of request, as you could lose the fee and jeopardize your personally identifiable information.
- Need some tips for registering online? View our online demo at http://www.esc.edu/RegistrationDemo.