Need help? Find out who to contact for what
Announcements for Students
- (7/3/15) Only two days left to apply! Are you ready to take your Leadership to the next level? We invite you to step up to the challenge of Leadership and Social Change by applying to be part of the inaugural class of the SUNY Empire’s Student Leadership Institute! For more information and an application visit http://bit.ly/1KsEXy2. Deadline is July 6.
- (6/26/15) A new issue of The Student Connection is available, and we have a new responsive theme! That means you can comfortably read our quality articles on your mobile devices as well as online.
- (6/18/15) Starting July 9, 2015, students pursuing iPLA will be required to initiate the request in PLA Planner. Mentors can no longer create requests on behalf of their students. However, mentors and students will work together to develop each iPLA request. Students will submit the request to their mentor, who will review the request and submit it to the Center Office of Academic Review (COAR). See the full announcement about PLA for details.
- (6/16/15) Are you a writer, essayist, journalist, poet, lyricist, stand-up comedian, biographer, novelist or just fascinated by the power of the word? The newly relaunched Writers and Speakers Club is for you.
- (6/11/15) Check out the latest issue of SUNY Empire State College's student-run newsletter, The Student Connection! As always, we are seeking creative work submissions from students.
- (6/11/15) Conquer your stress, manage your time, organize your job search and more! Check out the June issue of Empire State College's Student Health 101 (mobile-friendly version)
- (6/9/15) Two online tools are now available to help you predict your current and future grade point average (G.P.A.).
- (6/2/15) Registration for the Fall 1 2015 terms opens today at 9 a.m. E.T. and closes Friday, Sept. 4 at 5 p.m. E.T.
- (6/1/15) In accordance with the SUNY five year rational tuition plan and the college's multi-year technology fee plan, tuition and the technology fee will increase effective with the Fall 1 2015 term (pending administrative action to finalize). Visit www.esc.edu/tuition for a complete break down of tuition and fees. This is the fifth and final year of the current SUNY five year rational tuition plan.
- (6/1/15) Effective with the Fall 1 term, which starts Sept. 14, Empire State College will award a $20 per credit grant to all active-duty military, guard, reservists and veterans up to a maximum of 12 credits per term for undergraduate study. See the full announcement for details.
- (6/1/15) Take advantage of special pricing on personal computers and electronics through Empire State College's member purchase program from Dell. See the June 2015 flyer for details.
- (5/4/15) The college has an internship opportunity in the Office of Alumni and Student Relations.. See our Career News page for details.
- (5/1/15) Student submissions are now being accepted for the 7th Student Art Competition. There are some exciting changes this year, for more information and to submit artwork visit www.esc.edu/studentart or #SUNYempire.
- (4/6/15) All LGBTQA students, alumni and supporters who are interested in being an active part in a new club at Empire State College are encouraged to contact Nicholas Coppola at email@example.com.
- (1/30/15) Have concerns about the recent changes to Moodlerooms forums? For more information, see the article on the OIT News page, "Moodlerooms Advance Forum Changes."
- (10/2/14) The college's Annual Safety and Security Report and Procedures is available on the Safety and Security web site (http://www.esc.edu/safetyandsecurity).
- (9/16/14) Effective with registration for the 2014 Fall 2 term, which opens on Sept. 16, students will no longer receive paper bills after registering. See the detailed announcement for more information.
- (8/1/14) A Higher One ATM is now available in the first floor lobby at the Center for Distance Learning at 113 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY. This building is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. To find a Higher One ATM in your area, search in the EasyHelp function at the www.ESCChoicecard.com web site.
- (7/15/14) As part of the Health and Wellness Initiaitve, Empire State College now offers students up to three face to face counseling sessions at no charge. Simply call 800-756-3124 to speak to a certified counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and if you need to speak to someone in person you will be placed with a counselor near you. No problem is too big or too small. This free service for students is funded by your Student Health Fee and you can find more details on our Collegewide Student Services website.
- (6/2/14) In accordance with the SUNY five-year rational tuition plan and the college's multi-year technology fee plan, tuition and the technology fee will increase effective with the Fall 1 2014 term (pending administrative action to finalize). Visit www.esc.edu/tuition for a complete break down of tuition and fees.
- (3/17/11) Important notice about the Smarthinking online tutoring service:
Empire State College has a contract for tutoring services through Smarthinking.com. Note that this is Smarthinking with only one "T". An unofficial site has been launched (www.smartthinking.com -- notice the two "T"'s) which prompts individuals to enter their credit card information. Students should ONLY utilize the Smarthinking.com site, or go through the college's Smarthinking portal at www.esc.edu/smarthinking. See the full announcement for details.
- (3/31/09) Beware of Financial Aid Scams:
This is a reminder that if you receive correspondence from an outside agency asking for significant personal information and a processing fee for financial aid it is most likely a scam. We highly encourage you to NOT respond to this type of request, as you could lose the fee and jeopardize your personally identifiable information.
- Need some tips for registering online? View our online demo at http://www.esc.edu/RegistrationDemo.