Need help? Find out who to contact for what
Announcements for Students
- (3/10/14) March '14 term starts today.
- (3/10/14) Add/drop period for the March term opens Monday March 10 at 9:00 a.m. and closes Friday March 14 at 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. After that time, withdrawals are processed through the Office of the Registrar. Withdrawal forms and instructions are found at http://www.esc.edu/withdraw.
- (3/7/14) Late registration closes today at 5:00 p.m. E.T. If you register during the late registration period, your registration must be paid for immediately or your enrollment will not be finalized and your classes will be cancelled. If you sign up for the time payment plan, the first 1/3 payment installment must be made at the time of enrollment.
- (3/7/14) All March term registrations that are not paid for will be cancelled on Monday March 10, at 8 a.m. E.T. Please review your account summary now and make sure that you do not have an outstanding balance. Acceptable payment arrangements are approved financial aid (as shown on your account summary) and the time payment plan.
- (3/6/14) The directors of academic support will continue to offer free, online academic support workshops for students in March 2014. These are in addition to the workshops offered at specific college locations. All students are invited to log into any of these sessions. See the complete schedule for details about how and when to access them.
- (3/4/14) Empire State College is participating in the spring 2014 administration of the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). A sample of undergraduate students has been contacted by email from Acting Provost Deborah Amory. NSSE helps us understand how students are spending their time while engaged in their studies. Student responses provide valuable information to the college. If you received an invitation, please consider responding to the survey. Questions about the survey can be directed to IR.Survey@esc.edu.
- (3/3/14) Student submissions are now being accepted for the Sixth Annual Student Art Competition. Students can submit any type/medium of art, but it must be submitted as a two-dimensional electronic image and be appropriate in content. The art will be turned into a poster to be used in various college publications and displayed throughout the college. Students can submit their work anytime between now and May 9, 2014. Please visit our website at http://www.esc.edu/studentart for more information.
- (2/28/14) Payment for the March term is due by 5:00 pm EST today. You must have payment or payment arrangements in full in place (as shown on your account summary) to avoid cancellation of your enrollment. Students who registered or changed their registration since Feb. 24 will not receive a paper bill.
- (2/25/14) "Three Voices That Shape Our Vision": Join us for a free, three-part webinar series hosted by SUNY Empire State College in celebration of the inauguration of President Merodie A. Hancock. The webinars will take place on March 6, 13 and 20; recordings will be available after the events.
- (2/24/14) The Student Affairs Committee presents its third Social Responsibility Forum - "Reading Is Fundamental: Literacy in Our Schools and Around the Globe" - on Wednesday, Mar 19. It will be hosted in centers across the state and video-conferenced for esc-tv. A panel, facilitated by Kevin Woo (Metropolitan New York), will discuss literacy issues as they relate to human success individually and globally. Register for this event online. For more information email email@example.com or call Kameylah Hakim at 716-686-7858 and visit the Social Responsibility website.
- (2/24/14) Be honored for your hard work and dedication to community service! Apply to be recognized for your achievements at bit.ly/ssaward #escservice #SUNYempire. Only 1 week left -- application deadline is March 3.
- (2/20/14) If you register or change your March registration after Feb. 24, you will not receive a paper bill. You may view your account summary online. The payment due date for the March term is Feb. 28, 2014. Enrollments not paid in full, or through approved financial aid, sponsorship or enrollment in the time payment plan will be cancelled after the payment due date.
- (2/20/14) The name of the Telecommunications fee has been changed to Technology fee. Please visit www.esc.edu/fees for complete information on this fee.
- (2/18/14) The Student Connection, a student-run newsletter, has launched a new issue; announces new paid student writer program. For more information or to get involved, contact the editor at Student.Editor@esc.edu..
- (2/14/14) The payment due date for the March term is Feb. 28. Registrations not paid for by this date will be cancelled. If you are on the time payment plan, your first 1/3 payment is due by Feb. 28.
- (2/3/14) Registration for the 2014 Student Wellness Retreat is now open! Visit choose.esc.edu/SWR for full details and to register. Highlights of this year's event, which will be held April 10 - 12 in Albany, NY, include interactive wellness activities, sessions on stress management, yoga and dance, free massages, a health fair, and a keynote speech by the legendary Alan Thicke!
- (1/31/14) There have been reports of problems downloading files from the DP Planner while using Internet Explorer 9. If you experience this problem we suggest updating your browser or using another browser such as Firefox.
- (1/28/14) Registration for the March 2014 term opens today at 9:00 a.m. E.T. and closes on Friday, Feb. 28 at 5:00 p.m. E.T.
- (1/10/14) Conquer your stress, manage your time, organize your job search and more! Check out this month's issue of Empire State College's Student Health 101 (mobile-friendly version)
- (1/10/14) Are you an aspiring female leader? Would you like to strengthen your knowledge about political policy and be an advocate for change? The National Education for Women’s (NEW) Leadership in New York has applications available for an intensive week long undergraduate summer program. Apply today at NEW Leadership New York! The deadline to apply is March 25.
- (01/07/14) Improvements to Moodlerooms for January include a system timeout warning and auto-save for quizzes. See the complete announcement for details.
- (12/16/13) Have you heard of Student Health 101? This online newsletter contains tips and articles on healthy cooking, fitness, time management, finances, relationships and so much more! The most recent issue is now available online thanks to the Health and Wellness Initiative. Check it out here: http://readsh101.com/esc.html, or try the mobile-friendly version.
- (11/25/13) "Resiliency: the key to achieving life goals" is the theme for the first Health and Wellness Residency. Studies include: Grief and Loss, Nutrition in Health and Wellness, Resiliency, Stress and Coping. The face-to-face portion of the residency is Thursday, April 10, 2014. The Student Wellness Retreat begins that evening and ends on Saturday, April 12, 2014. Talk with your mentor to see how one of these studies could fit into your degree program and register today.
- (11/6/13) "Social Responsibility: Whose Responsibility Is It" is the theme of three upcoming SAC events. Three forums will be video-conferenced from across the state and streamed online from esc-tv. The first one is Wednesday Nov. 13 6-8 p.m., titled "How You Get There Is Where You’ll Arrive: Moving Sustainable Thoughts into Action." Space is limited, so please sign up online. The official website is http://www.esc.edu/news/sr-forum/. Questions? Contact Kameylah Hakim at 716-686-7800, ext. 3858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (11/1/13) The student telecommunications fee will increase $25 per term, effective with the January 2014 term. Please see the complete announcement for details.
- (10/7/13) Area of Study Name Change: "Social Science" to Replace "Social Theory, Social Structure and Change" as of Jan. 1. See the complete announcement for details.
- (10/1/13) The college's Annual Safety and Security Report and Procedures is available on the Safety and Security web site (http://www.esc.edu/safetyandsecurity).
- (4/16/13) Students can now view the status of their 2013-2014 federal financial aid online, including whether any information is required in order for federal aid to be determined for the 2013-2014 school year. You'll find the link on the “My Records” tab, in the “My Financial Aid” section.
- (10/12/12) The application for graduation is now available on MyESC under the Student Services and Information tab, in the "Graduation" box.
- (3/17/11) Important notice about the Smarthinking online tutoring service:
Empire State College has a contract for tutoring services through Smarthinking.com. Note that this is Smarthinking with only one "T". An unofficial site has been launched (www.smartthinking.com -- notice the two "T"'s) which prompts individuals to enter their credit card information. Students should ONLY utilize the Smarthinking.com site, or go through the college's Smarthinking portal at www.esc.edu/smarthinking. See the full announcement for details.
- (3/31/09) Beware of Financial Aid Scams:
This is a reminder that if you receive correspondence from an outside agency asking for significant personal information and a processing fee for financial aid it is most likely a scam. We highly encourage you to NOT respond to this type of request, as you could lose the fee and jeopardize your personally identifiable information.
- Need some tips for registering online? View our online demo at http://www.esc.edu/RegistrationDemo.