Need help? Find out who to contact for what
Announcements for Students
- (5/1/15) The payment due date for the Summer 1 and 2 2015 terms is May 8, 2015. You may view your student account statement online. Enrollments not paid in full, or through approved financial aid, sponsorship or enrollment in the time payment plan will be cancelled after the payment due date.
- (5/1/15) Student submissions are now being accepted for the 7th Student Art Competition. There are some exciting changes this year, for more information and to submit artwork visit www.esc.edu/studentart or #SUNYempire.
- (4/29/15) The Student Connection is live with a new issue, and we encourage you to help Empire State College meet the #SUNYEmpire24 Hour Giving Challenge! Check out our feature article to learn all about it.
- (4/24/15) Registration closes for the Summer 1 and 2 2015 terms on May 8 at 5 p.m. ET. Payment is due by that time. Registrations not paid for by this date will be cancelled. If you are on the time payment plan, your first 1/3 payment is due by May 8.
- (4/20/15) Student Opinion Survey (SOS) deadline extended; closes on April 27. Your response is needed! Last chance to respond to the Student Opinion Survey (SOS)! . If you receive an email from "ACT Survey Research Services" asking for your participation, please consider responding to the survey. Student responses provide valuable information for the college and will be used to improve the undergraduate experience. Please consider taking advantage of this opportunity to share your feedback. Questions about the survey can be directed to IR.Survey@esc.edu.
- (4/20/15) A new issue of SUNY Empire State College's student-run newsletter, The Student Connection, is now available. As always, we are seeking student article and creative submissions. Check out our submission guidelines today!
- (4/10/15) Find out about career fairs and events taking place next week in Albany, Brooklyn, Sanborn and Schenectady.
- (4/10/15) The college is sponsoring a Career Development Day on Saturday, May 16 in Saratoga Springs. See our Career News page for details.
- (4/6/15) All LGBTQA students, alumni and supporters who are interested in being an active part in a new club at Empire State College are encouraged to contact Nicholas Coppola at email@example.com.
- (4/6/15) Conquer your stress, manage your time, organize your job search and more! Check out the April issue of Empire State College's Student Health 101 (mobile-friendly version)
- (3/31/15) Take advantage of special pricing on personal computers and electronics through Empire State College's member purchase program from Dell. See the April 2015 flyer for details.
- (3/24/15) Registration for the Summer 1 and 2 2015 terms opens today at 9 a.m. E.T. and closes Friday, May 8 at 5 p.m. E.T.
- (3/19/15) New opportunities have been posted on the Career News page of MyESC.
- (3/17/15) Empire State College is participating in the spring 2015 administration of the Student Opinion Survey (SOS). A sample of undergraduate students will be contacted by email from "ACT Survey Research Services." The SOS helps us determine how well campuses serve their undergraduate students by evaluating programs, services, and facilities. Student responses provide valuable information to the college. If you receive an invitation, please consider responding to the survey. Questions about the survey can be directed to IR.Survey@esc.edu.
- (2/23/15) Brooklyn Navy Yard is seeking students in Business, Science and Technology areas for their 2015 Internship opportunities. The program runs from June 29 - Aug. 21. Deadline to apply is May 29, 2015. For more details, visit their site.
- (2/17/15) A number of career fairs and career events around New York state are now open to ESC students and alumni. Get the complete list.
- (1/30/15) Have concerns about the recent changes to Moodlerooms forums? For more information, see the article on the OIT News page, "Moodlerooms Advance Forum Changes."
- (1/23/15) Our Service Desk, formerly known as Techinfo, or the technology help desk, is extending its hours to include Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Read the full announcement on the Integrated Technologies website.
- (12/8/14) Register now for the Health and Wellness Residency for the January term. Full details on courses available as part of this residency can be found by visiting http://residencies.esc.edu/health-wellness/. Students registered in the Health and Wellness Residency will have the first chance to receive a travel grant for the 2015 Student Wellness Retreat!
- (12/1/14) Will you be getting a 1098-T tuition statement for the 2014 tax year? Be sure your personal data is up-to-date by Jan. 2, 2015. See the complete announcement for more information.
- (10/2/14) The college's Annual Safety and Security Report and Procedures is available on the Safety and Security web site (http://www.esc.edu/safetyandsecurity).
- (9/16/14) Effective with registration for the 2014 Fall 2 term, which opens on Sept. 16, students will no longer receive paper bills after registering. See the detailed announcement for more information.
- (8/1/14) A Higher One ATM is now available in the first floor lobby at the Center for Distance Learning at 113 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY. This building is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. To find a Higher One ATM in your area, search in the EasyHelp function at the www.ESCChoicecard.com web site.
- (7/15/14) As part of the Health and Wellness Initiaitve, Empire State College now offers students up to three face to face counseling sessions at no charge. Simply call 800-756-3124 to speak to a certified counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and if you need to speak to someone in person you will be placed with a counselor near you. No problem is too big or too small. This free service for students is funded by your Student Health Fee and you can find more details on our Collegewide Student Services website.
- (6/26/14) Effective with the Fall 1 term, which starts Sept. 8, Empire State College will award a $7 per credit grant to all active-duty military, guard, reservists and veterans up to a maximum of 12 credits per term for undergraduate study. See the full announcement for details.
- (6/2/14) In accordance with the SUNY five-year rational tuition plan and the college's multi-year technology fee plan, tuition and the technology fee will increase effective with the Fall 1 2014 term (pending administrative action to finalize). Visit www.esc.edu/tuition for a complete break down of tuition and fees.
- (3/17/11) Important notice about the Smarthinking online tutoring service:
Empire State College has a contract for tutoring services through Smarthinking.com. Note that this is Smarthinking with only one "T". An unofficial site has been launched (www.smartthinking.com -- notice the two "T"'s) which prompts individuals to enter their credit card information. Students should ONLY utilize the Smarthinking.com site, or go through the college's Smarthinking portal at www.esc.edu/smarthinking. See the full announcement for details.
- (3/31/09) Beware of Financial Aid Scams:
This is a reminder that if you receive correspondence from an outside agency asking for significant personal information and a processing fee for financial aid it is most likely a scam. We highly encourage you to NOT respond to this type of request, as you could lose the fee and jeopardize your personally identifiable information.
- Need some tips for registering online? View our online demo at http://www.esc.edu/RegistrationDemo.