Need help? Find out who to contact for what
Announcements for Students
- (2/2/16) A new edition of The Student Connection is hot off the digital press! Read the top story and other current news. Tell us what you think about this edition.
- (1/28/16) Students planning to attend May 16, 2016 and after should complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov listing school code 010286 in order for federal aid eligibility to be determined. Federal financial aid for the Summer 2016, Fall 2016, and Spring 2017 terms will begin to be processed by the Financial Aid office beginning February 22, 2016.
- (1/26/16) Registration for the Spring 2 2016 term opens Tuesday, Jan.26 at 9 a.m. and closes Friday, March 4 at 5 p.m.
- (1/21/16) Registration for the 2016 Student Wellness Retreat is now open! This year’s keynote speaker: host of ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss, Chris Powell! Visit choose.esc.edu/SWR today for more information. Limited travel grants are available so make sure to register early!
- (1/19/16) Spring 1 2016 term starts today.
- (1/13/16) Take advantage of special pricing on personal computers and electronics through Empire State College's member purchase program from Dell. See the January 2016 flyer for details.
- (01/7/16) Tax season is here. Please remember that 1098T forms are mailed by January 31. The IRS will not be accepting individual electronic returns until January 19, 2016. Students who are eligible to receive a 1098T will receive an email from Student Accounts later this month.
- (01/04/16) Academic support workshops are offered both online and onsite throughout the state of New York. You can view the workshops schedule for January - April online. Please follow the directions on each tab on the page to find out how to attend the workshop(s) in which you are interested.
- (01/04/16) Conquer your stress, manage your time, organize your job search and more! Check out the January issue of Empire State College's Student Health 101 (mobile-friendly version)
- (10/29/15) Beginning Fall 1 2015 term, grading and evaluation policies for Undergraduate and Graduate Programs have been adopted. The F grade has a quality point of 0.00 and is included in the grade point average (GPA) calculation. Two online tools are now available to help you predict your current and future grade point average (GPA).
- (10/9/15) The college's Annual Safety and Security Report and Procedures is available on the Safety and Security web site (http://www.esc.edu/safetyandsecurity).
- (6/18/15) Starting July 9, 2015, students pursuing iPLA will be required to initiate the request in PLA Planner. Mentors can no longer create requests on behalf of their students. However, mentors and students will work together to develop each iPLA request. Students will submit the request to their mentor, who will review the request and submit it to the Center Office of Academic Review (COAR). See the full announcement about PLA for details.
- (6/16/15) Are you a writer, essayist, journalist, poet, lyricist, stand-up comedian, biographer, novelist or just fascinated by the power of the word? The newly relaunched Writers and Speakers Club is for you.
- (6/1/15) In accordance with the SUNY five year rational tuition plan and the college's multi-year technology fee plan, tuition and the technology fee will increase effective with the Fall 1 2015 term (pending administrative action to finalize). Visit www.esc.edu/tuition for a complete break down of tuition and fees. This is the fifth and final year of the current SUNY five year rational tuition plan.
- (6/1/15) Effective with the Fall 1 term, which starts Sept. 14, Empire State College will award a $20 per credit grant to all active-duty military, guard, reservists and veterans up to a maximum of 12 credits per term for undergraduate study. See the full announcement for details.
- (4/6/15) All LGBTQA students, alumni and supporters who are interested in being an active part in a new club at Empire State College are encouraged to contact Nicholas Coppola at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (9/16/14) Effective with registration for the 2014 Fall 2 term, which opens on Sept. 16, students will no longer receive paper bills after registering. See the detailed announcement for more information.
- (8/1/14) A Higher One ATM is now available in the first floor lobby at the Center for Distance Learning at 113 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY. This building is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. To find a Higher One ATM in your area, search in the EasyHelp function at the www.ESCChoicecard.com web site.
- (7/15/14) As part of the Health and Wellness Initiaitve, Empire State College now offers students up to three face to face counseling sessions at no charge. Simply call 800-756-3124 to speak to a certified counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and if you need to speak to someone in person you will be placed with a counselor near you. No problem is too big or too small. This free service for students is funded by your Student Health Fee and you can find more details on our Collegewide Student Services website.
- (3/17/11) Important notice about the Smarthinking online tutoring service:
Empire State College has a contract for tutoring services through Smarthinking.com. Note that this is Smarthinking with only one "T". An unofficial site has been launched (www.smartthinking.com -- notice the two "T"'s) which prompts individuals to enter their credit card information. Students should ONLY utilize the Smarthinking.com site, or go through the college's Smarthinking portal at www.esc.edu/smarthinking. See the full announcement for details.
- (3/31/09) Beware of Financial Aid Scams:
This is a reminder that if you receive correspondence from an outside agency asking for significant personal information and a processing fee for financial aid it is most likely a scam. We highly encourage you to NOT respond to this type of request, as you could lose the fee and jeopardize your personally identifiable information.
- Need some tips for registering online? View our online demo at http://www.esc.edu/RegistrationDemo.