Maintaining your status is extremely important. It affects your ability to remain in this country and to complete your studies. Your signature on the I-20 signifies your agreement to abide by these conditions.
To maintain status, you must:
- Present your current I-20 and valid passport to the border patrol.
- Accept no employment of any kind on or off campus without appropriate authorization.
- Do not establish a residence in the United States.
- You also are responsible to maintain satisfactory academic progress and comply with all policies and procedures as stated in the Empire State College Undergraduate Catalog
- Notify the ISL of any changes to your address or telephone number within 10 days of the change. This information may be sent by email to: Melanie.Kaiser@esc.edu